Monday, September 9, 2013

SUNDAY FUNDAY :)


CAUTION: This is all about CHURCH... continue reading at your own risk!!... and enjoy! 

Sunday, the college students of SUU, and  YSA had the opportunity of listening to Elder Ronald A. Rasband, Bishop Gerald Causse, Sister Ruth Leavitt, and also Elder D. Todd Christofferson. The morning started at 6:30, because we had to be in our seats by 7:40, and well we wanted a good seat so we got there early. Although the meeting was early, and exhausting it was truly amazing! I felt so blessed to be able to hear teachings, and words of encouragement from these church leaders. It kind of made me feel like I could continue on at college with out failing.. at least for the time being :)

Elder Rasband gave a short and simple talk. He talked about how strong the youth are today. (side note.. It made me feel good to still be called a youth) He told us to make sure we could always be found standing in holy places. He talked a lot about how blessed we were to be getting a temple amongst us. Which brought back a lot of memories of the Brigham City Temple being built, and the service that went into that. It makes me excited to see another one go up so close to me as well!.. His end quote that stood out to me was "make the temple a destination place for you". This touched me and gave me a whole bunch of other crazy thoughts as well. While I am on this crazy adventure, no matter what happens with school or life my main goal has to be to get there, and definitely to find a man that will take me there... in the future.. (another side note, don't expect this happening soon :)

Bishop Gerald Causse basically talked for a few minutes on whats happening in the church today, and how strong and righteous it is growing to be. He emphasized the reason behind this was because of the Youth of the church and the decisions to serve missions, and to follow the prophet and the teachings they have set. He talked about being a missionary without the name badge, and said something that was super cool as well.. " Be busy in the work, there is always someone that needs you" This is so true, and I have learned this even more I think moving away from home. I can pick up the phone and call a number of people and know that they will be there for me, so I need to make sure and return the favor and always be looking to serve others, even if it is just my roommates or friends.  

Sister Leavitt talked about being willing to do the small things, and the impact they can be on someones life. I can truly testify to this. I felt like my senior year I had many friends and family members doing little things on a daily basis just to keep me going. Now that I have made it through that challenge I am so grateful for these people, and the little things they would do to make me feel loved, or to put a smile on my face. I don't think these people truly realize the impact they had on my life, even if at the time I didn't see it.  Sister Leavitt also challenged us to act on the small words of Christ. I truly thing the little things, become the bigs things and thats what really matters most. 

Elder Christofferson got up and said, "I bet you can all guess what I am going to talk on... Marriage" ... and then said just kidding. :) it was really funny, and a good ice breaker start to a YSA devotional.  His main topic was bringing forth Zion. He emphasized that the way that we could bring forth zion, was with us becoming righteous ourself. He challenged us to "lay down our weapons of wickedness" and walk toward Christ. He would be able to help us with the little things as well as the big things. 

It was such an uplifting meeting! It came at a time in my life when I needed to here it, and it definitely strengthened my testimony!

Because of the devotional they pushed church back an hour.... don't worry at 11:30 my little brother/mama was checking in on me and wondering why I wasn't at church, please obviously they don't know me :).. haha I came home from the devotional ate some breakfast and went to sleep until I went to church. Church is always a crazy experience in a YSA ward. I love it :)... and although I didn't really want to go because I had already been in a meeting for two hours, and had lots of studying to be doing I am glad I did. 

There was also a CES fireside given by Elder Russell M. Nelson. It was broadcasted from Hawaii, and he kept referring to how amazing it was there making us all jealous of him, but his talk was amazing. I feel like I have gone on enough about all of the talks and things that I have learned, but one thing specifically that he said that touched me was, "As you choose to live on God's side of the line, you are never alone". I think this finally clarified to me what "the line" <inside joke> is, and definitely how to stay happy!

I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! :) 

Keep on keeping on my friends, you're amazing!!! 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment